[OM] Re: Another plea for remaining on topic and a bit of hypocrisy on m

Subject: [OM] Re: Another plea for remaining on topic and a bit of hypocrisy on my...
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
Manuel wrote:

>>Downside : remote scanning is not a common option with windows, and in fact I
>>don't know any twain driver which can turn a computer into a scanner server -
>>except some xerox copiers/fax.<<

The HP flatbeds can (all?) be used as scan servers under windows, I believe.

In general their software leads a bit to be desired in a number of ways, but
they do have a scan server (that operates through the Twain interface).

If anybody has their scanners it really pays to download the web updates
because the updates feature some important fixes/enhancements.   I do a lot of
document scanning, and one of the fixes relates to with default scanner
settings when using the ADF.  This has a huge impact on useability.

Regards,

Tim Hughes