[OM] Re: enjoying equipment, plea for 50/f1.4 was: Another plea for rema

Subject: [OM] Re: enjoying equipment, plea for 50/f1.4 was: Another plea for remaining on topic and a bit of hypocrisy on my...
From: Peter Leyssens <peterleyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:21:34 +0200
Hi Andrew,

 > Should you manage to get the 90/2 unglued from your
> OM-4Ti (real shame there, what type of adhesive did you use?) I'd
> highly recommend it as a small lightweight contender for that focal
> length. Having not used the 90/2 I can't say how it compares.

I'm using post-it note type of adhesive.  It's sticky, but not too much so.

I've only held a 85/f2.0 once in my life, that's when I bought one at a
really low price in a neighbourhood shop & traded it in for a discount
on the OM-4Ti + 90mm/f2.0 + 50mm/f1.4.  Earned me about 10 euro.  I'd
already fallen in love with the 90mm/f2.0 before that, after seeing
photos taken with it on the Internet, so I considered the 85 only as a
way of making a quick buck.  I guess I didn't do it justice, considering
the good stories I heard about it afterwards.  The 90mm is heavy, but I
find that it gives a reassuring weight to the camera.  That's an extra
reason why the 50mm/f1.4 needed some getting used to: it's so light !  :-)

Related to what I used the 50mm/f1.4 for: does anybody know how to scan
a photo book ?  I'm making one for that wedding I shot, and I'd like to
show it on the Internet (instead of showing single shots).

--
Peter Leyssens