[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:34:46 -0700
Moose wrote:
 > [links to samples snipped]
> I hope that gives you some idea of what's out there. With each new round
> of upgrades of flatbeds with transparency adapters, they have improved -
> to the point that they are really quite close to pure film scanners.
> It's also important to relate the performance to what you want the
> scanner for.

  Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. And you're right about
thinking about the final goal -- I'm just noticing that a lot of the
scans on my web site are pretty bad, and it's the scans, not the
original images, that are the problem (honest..), even at that size --
so I'm hoping to be able to improve there.

  And, heck, now I have a decent printer, it would let me make
enlargements of film photos as well as digital ones.

  -- dan