[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:48:19 -0700
jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The question is how good are the 3rd part inks? do they fade are the
> colours consistent between refills? My father tried to refil my hp printer
> did not follow the instructions prperly and destroyed the printer... The
> paper cost is also significant too..

  Well, AG seems happy with his, and I'm happy with mine -- I'm sure
there are bad 3rd party inks out there, but a bit of research ahead of
time seems to do the trick.

  Also, some printers are definitely pickier than others -- Epsons seem
to not like staying unused for too long, Canons less so, but Epson make
archival ink and Canon don't.

  -- dan