[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:24:11 -0000 (GMT)

> When shooting events now, I use a digital camera and can haul
> the S9000 (a smaller printer would be nicer to carry) and my
> laptop and am able to sell prints right at the event.

This is fair enough if time/latency is an important factor which for
comercial work it often is. For me it is not a factor.

The question is how good are the 3rd part inks? do they fade are the
colours consistent between refills? My father tried to refil my hp printer
did not follow the instructions prperly and destroyed the printer... The
paper cost is also significant too..

Regards
James