[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:09:01 -0800 (PST)
Dan,
You forgot about me...:)
I am perfectly happy with mine too.  I have been paying for film developement
only, because the prints coming out of mine are much better in any way one can
imagine than the ones that come from WallyWorld or your favorite pharmacy using
Fuji Frontier etc.
I might add, that my scanner is a CanoScan 1250U2F (2400X1200), one of the best
flatbeads at the time, but nothing like a dedicated film/drum scanner.
Only thing I got from this discussion is that the only reason for getting into
Epson is the ability to use archival inks.  25 years min is enough for me (no
AG, I don't plan on hanging them on the south side by the highway...:).  If I
needed to print something with archival inks, it wont be A4 size...or 13X19 (?)
for that matter.
Ciao
Boris
P.S.  I recently moved from CT to RI and my printer stayed unused for at least
11 months.  Started right up without any problems or adjustments
P.P.S  OM content:  same configuration would be used soon to create a website
so I can convince people other than my wife that my photos suck

Daniel Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The question is how good are the 3rd part inks? do they fade are the
> colours consistent between refills? My father tried to refil my hp printer
> did not follow the instructions prperly and destroyed the printer... The
> paper cost is also significant too..

Well, AG seems happy with his, and I'm happy with mine -- I'm sure
there are bad 3rd party inks out there, but a bit of research ahead of
time seems to do the trick.

Also, some printers are definitely pickier than others -- Epsons seem
to not like staying unused for too long, Canons less so, but Epson make
archival ink and Canon don't.

-- dan