[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:45:19 +0000
I think that it is generally recognised that inkjet manufacturers are
manufacturing printers as a sideline, or to draw in buyers of ink.
They probably don't make money on their sales of the printers, per se,
but make a mint on the ink cartridges.  Inkjets have always been more
expensive to use as document printers than lasers.  I have not looked
at colour lasers recently, but I wonder how the comparison works now.

Chris