[OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?

Subject: [OM] Re: Buying advice: Which printer?
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:57:15 -0800
Having worked at Xerox with colleagues who had been surplused from the
inkjet division when it was axed, I can attest that this is entirely
correct.  Xerox's business model for inkjet printers assumed an average
monthly $ value ink purchase to make the venture profitable.  Firstly,
the amount was not realistic.  Second, given the established
competition, they had a hard row to hoe just to get any sort of market
share.  Third, the product group launched just as Rick "The Pr#$!k"
Thoman was totally screwing the company and its employees with his
accounting gymnastics.

Earl