Re: [OM] Problem with OM2n

Subject: Re: [OM] Problem with OM2n
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:01:24 -0300
on 22/10/2003 17:05, John Hudson at 13874@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> With an OM2n is the film automatically exposed to light fogging if the motor
> driver / winder cap is missing from the body?

Hi John,

My experience: only the already exposed film, at the right side of the
camera, will be fogged if you take off the MD cap and are so unlucky to have
a bright light pointing at the coupling gear. When I did such a stupid
thing, only fogged the first two frames because I had taken only two
pictures. First one was more fogged than the second. I tried to find out
where from did the light came through. Inspected carefully under a strong
light source, found that light leaks just at a tiny spot at the base of the
take up spool. Fogging will affect more the first pictures. It would
increase obviously depending on light intensity, time under such a light,
and film speed. Worst situation would be a completely exposed roll of high
speed film under a strong light right into the MD coupling. IMHO.

Fernando.