[OM] Problem with OM2n

Subject: [OM] Problem with OM2n
From: Tom Murphy <murphytj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:15:44 +0100

I have an OM2n which I recently purchased from a list member.

I think there is a problem with the camera. I attached a Winder 2 to it and if the shutter speed is below 1/30 sec. the camera locks up. The mirror lifts, shutter opens but doesn't close and the mirror stays in the upright position. I have to use the wind on lever to fully cock the shutter and then use the Reset position on the Auto/Manual/Battery check to get the shutter to close and the mirror to drop back down. This happens whether the camera is set on automatic or manual. The camera seems to work ok when there is no winder attached i.e. it doesn't lock up but as the Winder cap is missing the film is in danger of getting fogged so a winder is necessary.

Anyone got a simple, low cost solution? I have put in new Everready 357 silver oxide batteries so I don't think batteries are the problem. The battery check lights up ok as well.

Tom Murphy