Re: [OM] (ot) When will the nonsense stop

Subject: Re: [OM] (ot) When will the nonsense stop
From: davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (David Thatcher)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:55:52 +1030 (CST)
then there's the worry of whether the product will even work as
advertised when it does arrive, it goes to market so green!

user: "the [insert feature here] does not work properly"
manufacturer: "just upgrade to code revision [xyz]"
user installs code...
user: "the [insert another feature here] does not work now"
manufacturer: "just upgrade to code revision [abc]"
user: "but that's 3 versions older than the original"
manufacturer: "yes, but those features work in that release"
user installs code...
user: "the [insert yet another feature here] does not work now"
rinse & repeat several times....!

oh well, keeps one in a job... at least until the company goes bust
because of the costs in chasing these problems- not hard to spend 20
grand or so testing these problems- with no redress against the
manufacturer.

DavidT