Re: [OM] camera plating

Subject: Re: [OM] camera plating
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:26:07 -0500

>Thanks, I'll give them a look over.  I take it that no one here has every
>had a camera - or parts of a camera - replated?  I'm now wondering if it's
>even worth the effort!

It is a pain in the butt, to put it mildly. If, in fact, the black bodies
have two coats of paint over black chrome, then you can basically forget it,
since you'd need to strip it all off to bare brass - *without* seriously
damaging the metal! I don't know how you strip off black chrome plating.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright