Re: [OM] camera plating

Subject: Re: [OM] camera plating
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:30:01 -0500
>Greetings,
>This site answers a question that had been lurking in my mind for some time
>about replating some things. Does anyone have any experience with these
kits?
>And I must say since this is my first post, you folks are fabulous!
>Thanks,
>Kat

I used to have the electroless nickel kit and the parkerizing kit. I had a
friend bead blast some brake calipers from my Porsche that I was restoring,
and I used the electroless nickel kit to plate them. I used the parkerizing
kit for many small parts as well as the brake calipers. Cleanliness is
everything when it comes to plating.

Ask Caswell about stripping off old plating and replating. They have an
enormous amount of experience. For you bikers, see the resoration gallery.
There are many motorcycles in there. The owner is a biker and old tool
collector.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright