RE: [OM] camera plating

Subject: RE: [OM] camera plating
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:12:06 -0500
>What in the world is "black chrome," I wonder?
>
>---
>Scott

It's a further evolution of the regular chrome plating process. It's flat
black in color.

FYI, if those parts were in fact black chrome plated, it isn't really
required to paint over it, unless gloss black is required. The chrome finish
is many times as durable as any paint. I think Leitz developed it, or had a
hand in developing black chrome for thier cameras many years ago.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright