Re: [OM] camera plating

Subject: Re: [OM] camera plating
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:16:44 -0500
>I wonder the same, but here's the passage I was referring to....
>
>"As befits a top-quality camera, the finish, like that of the OM-4,
comprises
>a double layer of matte black paint over black chrome plating. The result is
>unusual durability in use."
>               --- Yoshihisa Maitani 'Technically Speaking' article on OM-2
>SP in Olympus'  'Vision Age' #3, 1985
>
>Best,
>George S.

Why in the world?? The black chrome finish is beautiful, why cover it up with
paint? Not only that, I'm not sure paint would have an easy time staying
stuck to black chrome. Might as well just powder coat the parts instead. Any
metallic object can be powder coated, BTW.
--
Be Seeing You.
Dirk Wright