Re: [OM] Not so Fuzzy

Subject: Re: [OM] Not so Fuzzy
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 22:00:49 -0700
On 8/23/2022 6:35 AM, DZDub wrote:
On Sat, Aug 20, 2022 at 11:00 PM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Caught a hummingbird working the last Buddleia flowers.
<
http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts&image=_8161299fp.jpg
And <
http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts&image=_8161259croofm.jpg
OM-1, Bird Focus Mode, ProCap, 100-400 is a pretty potent combo.

Requires someone who knows what to do with them.

Part of my amazement is that that's less true than I imagined!

These photos are just inspiring, Moose!

OK. I love credit! Thanks!

I don't have the first two, haven't experimented with ProCap yet,

ProCap on the OM-1 is a bit faster frame rate than on E-M1 bodies. It works reasonably well with tracking AF, but doesn't keep up quickly with fast movement towards or away. Bird AF improves that enormously. I really saw the difference when shooting the Cabbage White flutterby in the same place, same gear. I think MikeG needs to nag OMS into adding flutterby AF. 😁

but I can see how integral the 100-400 was to these.

Yeah, ya gots ta have da reach.

I have no other tool that compares in areas where it works the best.

The PLeica version is darn close, but for the lack of ProCapM with it on the
E-M1 bodies and the Oly lens's ability to use teleconverters.

We're getting close to our big fall trip. I'm thinking of carrying 12-200 on
E-M1 II and 100-400 with MC14 on OM-1. I hope I can discipline myself to switch
to the long lens once I get to about 140 mm on the short one, avoiding the slow
slide in IQ on the 12-200 above about 150 mm.

For The Birds Moose