Re: [OM] Not so Fuzzy

Subject: Re: [OM] Not so Fuzzy
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 22:29:28 -0500
On Sat, Aug 27, 2022 at 12:00 AM (or probably later?) Moose <
olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1a. Think through your settings. Menu C1=>L Settings=>ProCap=>
> "Pre-shutter Frames" and "Frame Count Limiter". If you
> set them to 7 and 2, for example, you never have more than 9 frames in a
> group.
>
> 1b. Set for longer frame counts, then, if nothing is happening, release
> the half press, which clears the buffer without
> saving anything, then half press again.
>
> This is where it's better than simple burst modes. It's possible to
> capture the moment(s) without saving anywhere near
> as many frames.

Good suggestions.

> Y'all looked away as it went by. 😛
> <
> http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Misc&image=_8273483.jpg
> >

> Integrated even into EXIF, where presence of the TC is part of the lens
> description and changed aperture is correct.

Well, yes, sorry I missed it. but glad to see it now.

> Here's a variety of shots with the combo.
> <
> http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Oly100-400wMC14
> >

> Remember, even on mild days, long shots are softened be the air. It's
> clear in this set, where relatively close subjects
> are quite sharp, distant birds, not so much.

The air effect is often quite fetching to me.  Anyway, your gallery is
great, the TC passes muster clearly.

I hadn't thought of the TC for the 100-400, but I'd probably already have
bought the 40-150 if I had known at least the 1.4 worked with it.  Any
experience with the 2x?

We're spring and fall travelers. We mostly stay home summers, when
> everywhere else is crowded and too hot and/or muggy,
> and our mild, marine layer moderated weather is just lovely.
>
> Hoping for nice weather in Brooklyn, mid-Sept. At least the AirB&B reviews
> praise the AC. 😁

This is the finest August I can remember in Iowa.  My son is home visiting
from Denver, where he says the weather has been terrible.  Well, somebody
is always getting nailed somewhere, just not us at the moment.

I hope your trip is wonderful!

Hey, thanks, and same to you!  Looking forward to seeing some evidence of
your travels eventually.  I see that Mike G. has been visiting the secret
Olympus factory in WY.  Expecting him to hold forth while you are gone.

Joel W.