Re: [OM] Subscription models run amuck

From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 02:51:28 -0800
I'm on my third X5. Cost of ownership for them has been remarkably
low. However, it's a high/low thing. Overall, it's been low, but
events have been high. Water Pumps are an example. But mine have been
solid vehicles that fit me extremely well and satisfy my itch for the
occasional spirited driving. My only real major grouse is the 19"
wheels with Run Flat Tires. I toasted a tire a couple weeks ago on a
road trip way way up north. That cost me a rental car and an
additional trip. And a $375 tire.

The biggest problem for me with my BMWs is that they are accident
magnets. The first one was destroyed by a deer. The second one hit a
dear and grouse. The third one got backed into by an Ice Road Trucker,
has slid into a fence, taken out two snowbanks, encountered big flying
stones and has now been backed into another vehicle. But it's all mine
and paid for.

All that said, my next vehicle will probably be a RAV4 Hybrid.

AK Schnozz