Re: [OM] Yellow Flowers [was The enduring appeal of GAS and What is this

Subject: Re: [OM] Yellow Flowers [was The enduring appeal of GAS and What is this beastie?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 14:07:12 -0700
On 6/26/2022 6:37 AM, DZDub wrote:
On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 11:19 PM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Perhaps mis-assumption here. With this kind of subject, I almost always
process subject and background separately.
Otherwise, indeed, the background usually goes wonky before the subject is
where I want it.

I must say, I wondered if this was not the case, and I am not surprised.
Relieved actually.  Didn't see how it could be otherwise.

Seat time at the computer yesterday yielded something hopeful.  The camera
has a more subdued picture mode called "Muted".  It might always have been
there in Oly menus, but I've never used it.  I mean why would I?  Sounds
terrible.  OMW mimics menu settings, so whatever I have selected in the
camera I can change when the ORF arrives in OMW.  Muted, combined with exp
comp, combined with some tugging to the left on the OMW saturation slider
is giving me some acceptable results.

Not useful for me. At the moment, I'm doing "serious" shooting with PL 12-60 on GX9 and Oly 100-300 on OM-1 around my neck. Sometimes, I also have a Panny with 7-14 on a belt clip or Sony with 10/5.6 along.

So a converter that makes them all more or less match is important to me.

  Olympus describes "muted" as appropriate for images that will receive further
processing.

Interesting. LR/ACR offer many choices of color rendition. Nosing around, I see that there's a Camera Matching group, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Vivid and Monochrome. I'm guessing they match OMW colors.. In their Adobe section, there is a Neutral choice, which is even further in  direction of moderate contrast and saturation than Oly's Muted.

In other words, almost every shot I am ever likely to take.

😁

Color Ful Moose