Re: [OM] Yellow Flowers [was The enduring appeal of GAS and What is this

Subject: Re: [OM] Yellow Flowers [was The enduring appeal of GAS and What is this beastie?]
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 17:21:22 -0500
On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 4:35 PM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I think you also said the PL will not bracket focus on
> > an OM-D?  Disappointing if so.
>
> OH No! Not true!
>
> The only functions the PL won't do on the Olys are:
>
> Focus Stacking, which is true of the majority of Oly lenses, as well.
>
> ProCapL. I don't know what ProCapH is good for, but it's no good for
> critters, as they inevitably move away from the
> fixed focal plane, and go all fuzzy. It was after trying the PL with
> ProCapH, and seeing the potential I was missing,
> that I bought the Oly 100-400.
> -------
> Focus Bracketing works perfectly. Just for fun, and "living" proof, I shot
> this half an hour ago.
> <
> http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts&image=2022-06-29%2013-56-04%20%28B%2CRadius8%2CSmoothing4%29oofm.jpg

That looks autumnal!

I must have internalized a remark when my understanding of bracketing and
stacking in this context was more confused.  Nevertheless, I enjoy focus
stacking and find it useful,.  The instant feedback is quite useful.
Sometimes an 8/5 stack is quite sufficient.  And I'm finding more uses for
it with the 12-40 than I thought I would.

I've also noticed that the exposures are made exceedingly fast and when the
screen shows "Busy" the camera is actually just working on the stacking.
If I'm watching for it I can see the focus move into the scene for just an
instant as the photos are taken.  Pretty cool.

I've set up C4 for focus stacking with parameters at 8/5.  If I don't get
what I want, I can change the parameters, generally to 15/2.  Awesome.

Joel W.