Re: [OM] Yellow Flowers [was The enduring appeal of GAS and What is this

Subject: Re: [OM] Yellow Flowers [was The enduring appeal of GAS and What is this beastie?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 14:34:27 -0700
On 6/29/2022 5:17 AM, DZDub wrote:
On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 2:18 AM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On my card, I should probably add Word Player to Poet, Mystic, Shaman and
Dream Worker.
Oh, yeah, I make photos, too.

Well, you could put it to a vote if you get confused! :)

Voting inside this head is neither straightforward nor secure. 😛

Rarely do I hit send before I mean to, but I did in this instance but was
so close to the actual end of my thought, I let it go.
To my entertainment. 😁

You are easily amused!

Indeed! Carol and I think that is a major key to an enjoyable life, and a key
part of our relationship.

Ah, well, I can be more precise. I find the PL 100-400, more ergonomically
pleasing than the Oly. I have enjoyed using
it. So far, I put up with the Oly for the sake of the photos.

So you have said.  I think you also said the PL will not bracket focus on
an OM-D?  Disappointing if so.

OH No! Not true!

The only functions the PL won't do on the Olys are:

Focus Stacking, which is true of the majority of Oly lenses, as well.

ProCapL. I don't know what ProCapH is good for, but it's no good for critters, as they inevitably move away from the fixed focal plane, and go all fuzzy. It was after trying the PL with ProCapH, and seeing the potential I was missing, that I bought the Oly 100-400.
-------
Focus Bracketing works perfectly. Just for fun, and "living" proof, I shot this half an hour ago. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts&image=2022-06-29%2013-56-04%20%28B%2CRadius8%2CSmoothing4%29oofm.jpg>

Fully Bracketed Moose