Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 11:27:45 -0700
On 7/20/2021 2:59 PM, Frank wrote:
Like Moose pointed out it was about immersive. And about details, not
sharpness.

Something like shown in this video, look from 2:40... <
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26eChPoLgeo>

Intrigued, Frank.

When Oly came out with their High Res Mode, I was all excited. I've had cameras with this capability for years now - and found it not particularly useful for ordinary photography.

ANYTHING moving screws it up. (Yes, Oly's newest version is less sensitive, but not immune.) Slight breeze and foliage, flags, and so on.

Right subject/situation, and it's fabulous; that just has happened for me far less than I imagined. Focus bracketing has proven to be FAR, FAR more useful and important to me.

It does whack noise and give greater resolution - even when downsampled to
sensor size.

Low Res Moose