Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 15:41:57 -0800
> I can agree.With the big lens there is stuff I just would not get otherwise.

For MANY years, my longest lens was 200mm. There was so much I wanted
to photograph with a longer telephoto but couldn't. So wildlife and
most sports were a bit out of reach. Now I have the lenses, but not
the desire. But I do find myself very frequently shooting landscapes
at 300mm or more (equivalent).

> But doing a really strenuous hike it can become much to carry, as much as I
> would like to have it.

The lowly Lumix G 45-150 appears to be much sharper on the E-M5ii than
on the GX85. I haven't fully vetted the lenses out yet. But on
Saturday I enjoyed the long hike with the E-M5ii and three Lumix G
lenses. It's amazing how much happier I am when I'm not trying to lug
15 pounds of camera gear on a 13+ mile hike in the mountains.

> As to resolution, there is a high percentage of photography where 20-24mpx is
> plenty, and I still think some of my 12mpx 5D is enough. Stuff we share here
> is generally 2mpx or less (1200x1600).

Even the lowly E-1 does remarkably well in this regard, as long as the
image is processed with a modern converter.

AG Schnozz