Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 12:00:16 -0800
> That effing on/off switch on the wrong side!!!

It does remind me of the the OM-1 or OM-2. I was constantly leaving
the power switch on and ate batteries like candy. As to it being on
the wrong side, I think the biggest issue I see with the E-M5ii is
that the controls are less glove friendly than some cameras because of
things like the positioning of the switch and the hyper-easy-to-turn
dials. I like to have a little more resistance. However, I think the
camera is more glove friendly than the A7ii, that's for sure.

> Complete mystery to me what you mean. What is "pure image quality", when
> "color/contrast is everything I hoped for and
> then some"?

Noise. I'm getting massive amounts of chroma noise with this camera.
And the overall dynamic range seems a bit stilted.

> I still have, for the moment, an E-M5 II. I took over 46,000 exposures with
> them. I have an A7II and an A7RII. I just
> don't see such great differences. LR vs. PS? plug-ins? "Tone deaf" Moose?

LR about 98% of the time.

> That's what I discovered when I compared E-M5 II, E-1, E-300 and E-400. Yes,
> some differences, but close knit family.

I don't know how the E-M1 bodies do in this regard, but the E-M5ii
certainly has "the look". For those who think it's just a matter of
adjusting sliders in LR, while true, some cameras get there right up
front, where others need to have a lot of slider movement to get
there. And even at that, there are native differences in the way the
sensors "see". It reminds me of the difference between Fujichrome
Provia and Kodak Ektachrome 64. While you can adjust curves to get
some stuff to match, the way the films saw and interpreted the colors
in the scene are different. This was always evident in tree bark in
the northwoods.

AG Schnozz