Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Williwaw Lakes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 21:38:08 -0700
On 7/22/2021 3:34 PM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
No, it's where it should be for an OM on the Mk II, it was WRONG on the Mk I !

I agree that the Mk I was not ideal, but the II, and all the other 5 and 1 bodies, is worse. I did manage to learn to operate it on the Mk I with my right thumb.

Left hand holds the lens, both as primary support and to operate the zoom. Right hand operates the camera. A control that requires one or the other to leave its post is just WRONG. Oly even managed to make right hand operable, by thumb or index finger, on/off switches on the 4/3 bodies I've used. I understand the OM reference, but anything that makes it harder to use the camera is bad.

The A7 Menu button, top left on the body, is wrong, too, but not part of actual shooting. The E-M1 II Fn buttons on the left of the top plate are wasted on me, too.

Fingers Moose