Re: [OM] Hiker on the Ridge

Subject: Re: [OM] Hiker on the Ridge
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 11:39:50 -0700
On 7/19/2021 11:11 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Hiker on the Ridge. O'Malley Peak Trail. Chugach Mountains. Anchorage,
Alaska. Olympus OM-D, E-M5 II with Lumix G 25/1.7 lens. Converted and
processed in Adobe Lightroom CC.

http://zone-10.com/d1/node/402

Like!

Say what you will about artists, tools, blah blah blah, but I do find
getting a new camera or lens to be quite inspiring.

Part of what keeps all of us from dying of boredom is that we are all different.

For some folks, a new camera is a major trauma, to be tamed with manual reading, long meditations on the problems with menus, explanatory books, now videos, brain retraining, and so on. For others, it's the inspiration to do new things - because it's different.

For me, there is often something I want to do, imagine doing. Then when gear becomes available, it's first use is fulfilling that fantasy. Then other uses may arise.

I can recall as a teenager desperately wanting what decades later turned out to be focus bracketing. And I always wanted longer lenses. My dad bought the first 200 mm lens ever available for SLRs. I loved it, and was frustrated by it. Loooonger!

Fantasy Photographer Moose