Re: [OM] Computer Suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] Computer Suggestions
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 22:07:14 -0500
Chuck,

I did install default settings but at this point, I believe privacy is pretty much dead. At 61 I don't really care what info they have on me in terms of where I spend my time on the net.

I'm afraid the next two generations after me are going to have to deal with a life closer to Orwell's 1984. I still laugh at people putting surveillance systems in their home that can be accessed from an app on their phone. Do they really think they're the only ones that can do so?

We were fortunate as our Canon i960 and Epson 3880 work fine under Win 10. So did the R1900.

I'm not an advocate for Windows or Apple nor Linux. Linux works for me for some applications such as audio work and Windows works for photography. Whatever floats your boat. :) BTW, I think it's great you help out in your community with computer related issues.