Re: [OM] Where are thou oh brother

Subject: Re: [OM] Where are thou oh brother
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 19:10:24 -0600
> AG writes:
>>Even with the lack of
>>>"soul" which the A7/A7R seems to have, and other nits, it is the best
>>>match to my lenses.
>
> Predicted that AG might not be able to resist as clearly the best dig
> back for OM at this time.  So much for predictions.  I suspect someone
> if not Sony will provide a way for anti -shock mode equivalent
> given the open API.  I am not sure Sony has a super record in fixing
> firmware though, but I don't keep careful track of that.

First of all, I wrote that sentence very poorly. What I attempted to
say is that the A7 lacks "soul". However, it really does seem to be a
VERY good match to the OM lenses.

As to any "digs" one way or another, I'm praising the new cameras a
lot. They really are fantastic cameras in nearly every way. My grouse
is that they all have that distinct "Flavor of the Month" feel to
them. But, I am pleased enough with the A7 that I can live with it. As
to the A7R, I would really like to do some serious comparative
testings WITH MY LENSES to see which one pans out the best. I'm not at
all surprised that the A7 seems better behaved with older optics than
the A7R. We saw the same thing happen with the NEX-7. EFC is certainly
something that I would exploit. I just am not sure that the A7 has
enough pixels. (insert snark here).

I do like the price of the A7 a whole lot more, but wouldn't you know
it, I just had to buy not one but THREE laptops in the past two
months. It's always something else that takes priority. That's OK,
though. The DMC-L1 is still a better camera than I am a photographer.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx