Re: [OM] Where are thou oh brother

Subject: Re: [OM] Where are thou oh brother
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 08:19:32 +0100
My hormones are brought into uproar by things other than cameras. Cameras are
tools with which I take pictures. I use mostly the Fuji X-Pro 1 for all around
shooting and travel, and the M8 for all around shooting too, except if I expect
to shoot in poor light, since its high ISO performance leaves something to be
desired, being roughly on par with ISO 1600 film.

And I have cameras for specific needs, like the Panasonic GF2 for the handlebar
bag of my bicycle when I am out riding.

When a camera or a lens no longer meets my needs, I am as a ruthless as a
Premier League owner. It gets sold. This year, I have sold off my entire Pentax
K5 system because the Fuji X-Pro 1 does everything (mainly macro) that was my
justification for having the Pentax in the first place. The M8, on the other
hand, has been with me for more than 5 years now, because it continues to meet
my needs.

But hormones or emotional attachment? No.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain