Re: [OM] Where are thou oh brother

Subject: Re: [OM] Where are thou oh brother
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 21:32:35 -0600
> I found using OM glass on a FF digi back to be a mugg's game. There are still
> folks here looking for the elusive OM-5Di
> in disguise for their beloved OM mount glass. :-)

The saving grace here is the live-view EVF (complete with focus
peaking). I've been stuffing OM glass on my DSLRs from the beginning
and have been quite happy with it. It's not a perfect thing, of
course, but I'm not as bugged about it as some people are. It's all
what you get used to.

> I'm with you in wanting Auto lenses for my digicams. And I see little point
> in FF anymore.

For me, it still comes down to the glass. I love the way my OM lenses
render the scenes. It's unlike anything I can get from modern glass.
It's a look that I like and enjoy exploiting. So, FF does make sense
for me. Also, since I'm still shooting film (and will continue to for
as long as there is film), having just one set of lenses and
approaching it from a "system" approach, a camera such as the A7 is
logical. If he were alive today, I believe Walt would be doing the
same.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx