Re: [OM] OM List Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] OM List Gallery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 13:28:03 -0800
On 1/7/2013 12:28 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> using a single gallery to upload multiple contributors' photos may not
>> be a wise move, as every poster should then have access to a unique
>> specific login and password that might prove hard to keep secret/
>> private then ...
> Agreed. That was the biggest issue with using Gallery 3. It would have
> made every event a laborious task for the administrator.

That was the genius of Olaf's set-up. One followed the format rules for the
submission email, and a script installed it
in the event gallery. Almost no admin overhead.

> If we decide to seal the deal with this Gallery 2 installation, I will
> go ahead and tighten the registration process to force administrator
> approval. That will help prevent the spambots from taking over the
> show.

I think that should do it.

> I'm very pleased with the initial bit of participation in this
> experiment. Not sure Moose is signed up yet,

Hey, I signed up last time to the ZX user's gallery. Nothing much ever came of
that.

I hope this one goes well. I really dislike the social media for image posting.

> but there are names I haven't seen in a long time. Lurkers!

Yes, that's nice!

> Moose, we know where you live.
Here <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/>
and <http://www.moosemystic.net/WP_Gallery/>

I'm waiting until things settle down to decide whether to even try it out.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good
thing. I'm just not sure how many places I want to post images, other than for
special events.

I'm not attracted by the look, nor by the annoying admin interface, if it is
like Gallery before. Waaaaay too many
clicks. Once I have the images ready, I can have a new gallery up in Singapore
in seconds. Not as quick for images alone
in a WP blog, but still pretty fast. I do spend a bit of time putting in the
words.

In another post, AG says ' the gallery system will allow you to view "new"
images.'

Now that I do like! Well, maybe. I recall finding some images I quite like in
members galleries that I either missed or
weren't posted here.

Gallery Zero Moose