Re: [OM] OM List Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] OM List Gallery
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2013 15:52:58 -0800
On 1/7/2013 3:18 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> In the second instance, I was talking about the interface for the gallery
>> users.
>> I have no experience with that on LUG, since I'm not a LUGite...
> I'm looking forward to hearing from those who are experienced with the
> way the LUG gallery is configured.
>
>> To make a gallery, I open FileZilla FTP...
> Hmm. Sounds like a group-friendly implementation to me. :)

Actually, it could easily be, but I'm not sure about user password management.
It may well be there on ICDSoft, I just
haven't looked. FilleZilla is really good, BTW.

>> So what you got up your sleeve that's better?
> Image sizes are now 900. Hopefully that didn't screw up too many
> uploads. I think I'm done playing with that. The 900 width is as much
> as the template allows for viewing on 1024 wide screens without
> horizontal scrolling.

Decent size.

Not too attractive to me, as it means yet another down sample size and
resharpening settings/masks.

Who's using a 1024 screen? My little 11" netbook is 1366; the new iPad is 2048.
even the iPhone 5 is 1136.

So as yet not up to the LUG implementation. It seems it gets around the
template limits by opening a new browser window
for the full size image.

> BTW, there is a pano plugin available... Not iThingy friendly, though.
> The more features we turn on, the greater the risk to the site.

I do think KISS applies here, especially at first. Get it up, stable, familiar
to users. Later, consider add-ons.

KISS Me Moose