Re: [OM] OM List Gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] OM List Gallery
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 12:21:01 -0600
I turned off the PICLENS java app that was doing the slideshow.
Besides, it wasn't functioning with Apple iThingies. The slideshow is
now the native version that is pretty much tried and true--and it
doesn't resize the images. Let me know if something is still out of
sorts. That particular java app was not behaving very well and hasn't
been supported for eons.

I've done a little experimentation with 900 as the max size. I'm not
seeing any issues with it. Shall we use it as the standard? I do like
the extra oomph that you experience with 900 vs. 800. 1000 broke the
system.

Do we want to implement a maximum size for images? I can impose hard
limits on max dimensions and force everybody to conform to it on
upload--bypassing all resizing algorithms (except for the thumbnails).
But I'm thinking that it would be nice for us to have the option of
uploading a full-size image for Moosifications and such.

BTW, I can also implement the DCRAW plugin which would allow for RAW
file uploads, but that kinda scares me in regards to storage abuse.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx