Re: [OM] National Geo Photo Contest

Subject: Re: [OM] National Geo Photo Contest
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:53:55 -0500
> I agree, to an extent, Ken, but the fact that you do that yourself should
> not detract from an image's value.

Ah, but then you have to examine the mindset behind the photo. I
produce these same types of images when I'm in "stock photography
mode". It's not too different than when I'm in "wedding photography
mode" or "portrait photography mode". I have seen some awesome
portrait photos (and taken one or two myself), but almost without
exception, portrait photography is formulaic.

> Apart from the cliché ones, the others that turned me off were those that
> looked way too risky to be sensible.  The balloon over the iceberg is one,
> as is the daft one of the couple at the lava flow.

Well, we don't have a good idea of scale and distance. It could have
been a mile from the iceberg. As to risky? This from a fighter jockey?
;)

AG
--
Ken Norton