[OM] [IMG] Another Guayacan Flower

Subject: [OM] [IMG] Another Guayacan Flower
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 07:39:26 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Yesterday I found yet another flower on my Guayacan shrub, which gave me
another opportunity to experiment with taking closeup flower photos with a
telephoto lens, this time a Vivitar/Tokina 75-260/4.5 TX, which to date is my
favourite field telephoto lens:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64004640@N03/7650204938/in/photostream

     I also got to become familiar with using a Gossen Luna Pro light meter
with the spot meter attachment.  With the spot attachment set to 7.5 degrees, I
filled the ring with the flower and used that reading, rather than estimating
an average for the flower plus nearby foliage and background as I had been
doing reviously with the PR-1.  The result is that the first photo was just
right, so the Luna Pro and spot attachment will become regular field gear.

Chris