[OM] Formulaic Portraits? [was National Geo Photo Contest]

Subject: [OM] Formulaic Portraits? [was National Geo Photo Contest]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 14:29:21 -0700
On 7/26/2012 11:42 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> I understand; let's avoid formulaic.

Do these manage?

I was reading in the living room, camera at my side, when I saw a candid
portrait opportunity:

But as I started to push the button, Nick saw what I was doing, and threw some
attitude.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Nick_Lauren_Cats&image=_MG_6975rotcr.jpg>

The went back to what he was doing, amused at the interchange.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Nick_Lauren_Cats&image=_MG_6976rotcr.jpg>

And finally settled down to work.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Nick_Lauren_Cats&image=_MG_6977rotcr.jpg>

At least I think from the concentration it was work. Hard to tell with these
kids. They are both artists. They can sit
companionably together for hours, ear buds in, using iPhones, netbooks and
iPad. I have no idea at any given moment who
is working and who is playing. Don't say anything much, but who knows, they may
be IMing, or some such. I know they
exchange files with Dropbox when working on related stuff.

Nick does do some graphic arts and Lauren fine arts with conventional media,
but don't really have space here.
Fortunately, their soon to be new digs have a large, separate studio space.

Portraitist Moose