[OM] North Rim (was "Re: (OM) OT image stitching / panoramas")

Subject: [OM] North Rim (was "Re: (OM) OT image stitching / panoramas")
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 13:38:39 -0500
On Tue, May 15, 2012, at 09:59 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> And when you finally get back to the Grand Canyon (sans snow) do go to
> the north rim.  The approach to the rim is especially beautiful in the
> fall with a strong contrast between the yellow leaves of the aspens and
> the dark green of the Ponderosa pines.

The North Rim is probably only just opening for the season about now.
If there is a dusting of snow on the south rim, there could be a foot on
the north, which is 1000 feet higher.  My last visit there was in May
(2006?) and we got heavy, wet snow one evening.  Nothing to avoid!  It's
a wonderful photo opportunity and doesn't stick around long this time of
year.

Joel W.

                          wherever you are