Re: [OM] (OM) OT Monochrome Leica digital camera

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Monochrome Leica digital camera
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 12:00:32 -0500
> Fair enough, Ken, but a $15,000 outlay for two cameras fitted with
> what are by a country mile the worst sensors this side of a Nikon 1 -
> and that does not include your $7,000 50mm f/2.0 lens yet - is
> insanity.

I'm not saying that I LIKE the price. I would love to be able to own a
brace of them. Complete with the latest/greatest lenses. However, the
35/1.4 ASPH is my darling lens. I'd need two--one for each camera.

The price, although a bit on the fringe, is still acceptable. People
buy expensive fishing boats where the motor alone costs more than
everything we've talked about. Hobby, interest, etc. Whatever. Doesn't
matter. People who work hard deserve to reward themselves. I refuse to
judge. For these people, I'm happy that Leica exists. I spoil myself
too. Yesterday I spent $4.99 on an app for my phone.

What excites me even more is how relevant this has made my OM system.
That was the subtle counter-point I didn't specifically say in my
article, but illustrated through the picture.

AG