Re: [OM] (OM) OT Monochrome Leica digital camera

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Monochrome Leica digital camera
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 08:26:48 -0500
> Not sure that I am persuaded of the value of the Leica M, when a
> lowly E-410 (IR-converted!) can produce these (click on RH icon
> above each image for a larger size):

Actually, your converted E-410 is proof of the value of the Leica M.
(even though yours is IR converted, not just B&W converted). Since
nobody wants my E-1, I've been contemplating having surgury done.

A while back, I wrote about how things were a little bit different
during the OM days. The OM-1 came out, everybody and their brother
bought one. The OM-2 came out and people didn't REPLACE the OM-1 with
the OM-2, but AUGMENTED their kit. In the digital age, we don't
augment so much, we replace.

What Leica has done with the M-Monochrom is simply brilliant. They've
introduced a camera which is an "augment" camera, not a "replace"
camera. As such, nearly all people who will buy the M-Monochrom will
also have a standard color version too.

AG