Re: [OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 03:04:09 -0700
On 5/6/2012 11:54 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> On Fri, May 4, 2012, at 08:47 PM, Moose wrote:
>
>> That was the place for fast AF.
>> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2011/Critters/Real&image=_MG_4659croofm.jpg>
> Yes indeedie.  You got it all in focus.  Very rarely done.

Only took seven shots to manage that. :-)   A couple of others aren't bad,
though. I rather like this pose, with the
flutterby hanging over its 'victim' like a vampire.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2011/Critters/Real&image=_MG_4661croofm.jpg>

The focus is properly on the clover, so it's not quite a Flutterby Shot.

> ... You'll be ready for your first e-system camera ere long. ;^)

If I were starting from scratch, the OM-D would be in serious contention.
Wonderful to know that , while all the
financial drama was going on, some engineers and photographers were taking care
of business.

The big questions for me would be lenses and viewfinder. The extreme range of
usable focal lengths I have in two lenses,
16-480 mm eq. and excellent moderate macro, can't be duplicated in µ4/3.

I applaud the idea of mirrorless and EVFs, but would have to see how it
actually worked for me. Remember, I'm used to
seeing more detail in an optical viewfinder than the average bear. And uneven
movement, tearing, delay, etc. could cause
me problems. I simply haven't seen the lates generation of EVFs.

> I guess it is a blessing that I am not drawn to compacts.  I do have
> some trouble moving stuff along though.  My camera bodies are like pets
> and/or children (though I have not yet taken to naming them).

Hey, look out. The kids grow up and move on. The cameras, not without help. Not
naming them is a good sign, though. ;-)

Sheesh, my older son turned 41 yesterday. I still have a camera that I had when
he was born ...

Move Out! Moose