[OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview

Subject: [OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 23:14:26 -0400 (EDT)
Appreciate the explanation.
Mike

As to why I got rid of some MFT lenses--in most cases the explanation
was that
I found I was not using the lens enough to justify keeping it. I am
quite
ruthless about selling equipment that is not used. I have no
sentimental
connection to lenses. In most cases it is simply that, not any
reflection on
the quality of the lens. The 7-14mm was too big (relative to the GF1
body) and
too slow for my needs at f4. Image quality was fine, but the lens just
did not
sit right with me for those reasons. The 2.8/45mm macro was the only
lens whose
image quality was an issue for me--it just never was as sharp as I
would
expect. It was not horrible, but not nearly as good as the 1.7/20mm,
the
benchmark for all MFT lenses.

Now my Fuji X100 is the compact camera, for those occasions when taking
the M8
or K5 outfit is too much, such as this week's quick trip to London.
Despite
some quirks, it is the best compact camera I have ever owned. Its image
quality
is on par with the M8 and better than the K5.

Cheers,
Nathan