Re: [OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2012 13:54:15 -0500
On Fri, May 4, 2012, at 08:47 PM, Moose wrote:

> That was the place for fast AF.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2011/Critters/Real&image=_MG_4659croofm.jpg>

Yes indeedie.  You got it all in focus.  Very rarely done.

> > It is looking like the OM5DIII chipped adapters with the improved AF
> > precision may work out well.
> > An EVF with focus peaking and the central zooming may make MF a piece
> > of cake.

> The precision of focusing with 10x live view on a tripod is amazing. It's
> also scary the way it shows how shallow DOF
> often is. Still, putting that focal plane right where I want it is sweet.

You'll be ready for your first e-system camera ere long. ;^)

> I seem to be somewhere in the middle, changing compacts fairly
> frequently, and bigger cameras pretty slowly. IF I didn't
> have such a problem selling stuff, I might change more often.

I guess it is a blessing that I am not drawn to compacts.  I do have
some trouble moving stuff along though.  My camera bodies are like pets
and/or children (though I have not yet taken to naming them).

Joel W.