[OM] Re: E-420 grip improves on E-410

Subject: [OM] Re: E-420 grip improves on E-410
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 06:47:02 +0200
My take on it is slightly different, Moose. I love the E420--it is
everything I was looking for in an ultralight camera for travelling.
The one aspect I do not like is precisely the placement of the lugs.
Because of their location on the front rather than on the sides, and
combined with the natural, ehhh, curvature, of my stomach, the camera
tilts backwards so that instead of being flush against my stomach is
hangs at a 45-degree angle, with the upper edge against my body. If I
mounted a heavier lens, it would not happen, but I bought the E420
with the 25mm pancake which weighs next to nothing.

As for the focal length--yes, one does get used to the zooms. But I
find it a good exercise occasionally to be constrained to just one
normal lens, and having to zoom with my legs. Most of my rather
popular Seville gallery (www.frozenlight.eu/fotosevilla) was shot with
a Leica CL and 40mm Summicron. That was my "travelling light" outfit
back in 2003-4.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman