[OM] Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 29: babies, boobs, beach etc.

Subject: [OM] Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 29: babies, boobs, beach etc.
From: Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:51:45 +0200
Hmmm,

Interesting and well heated discussion...;)

My wife is Venezuelan (and Catholic), and I too feared that there
would be a "push for immediate earrings". I was happily surprised,
however, that my wife (in contrast to most of the other members of her
family) shared my exact views on the matter:
1) We deemed it to be somewhat dangerous: an earring can easily fall
out when the baby is laying in bed, next thing you know this
"beautiful shiny tiny object" is tried for taste... Piercings are one
thing, but intestine or stomach piercings are a big no-no of course. :P
2) We thought (and still think) earrings look a bit "off" on a tiny
baby (which is perhaps what Andrew thinks too?). I personally think it
looks better on bigger kids and adults.
3) We want to let Giuliana decide for herself if she wants them or
not, if she does, she can have them. No argument.

Anyway, indeed we too are accustomed to seeing almost ALL girl babies
around us having earrings, when we go to Spain or Venezuela (not so in
The Netherlands). I'm not going to judge anyone for it. We just
decided that for the above three reasons, with number one (and three)
weighing in the heaviest, we're going to wait with earrings, until
Giuliana herself asks for them.

Regarding the tattooed-boobs-close-ups: Moose: you should definitely
pay a visit to a European beach in summer. Not difficult at all to get
tattooed and/or pierced close-ups. ;)
My opinion on them: if not overdone and/or decorated with life-size
skulls or loads of stainless steel, etc., such "body modifications"
can actually look nice. It all depends on the location, how nicely the
tattoo/piercing is done, and what is in the picture. Much like
photographic aesthetics (SP?) I guess; which brings us back somewhat
on topic again. :D

Cheers!
Olafo