[OM] E-420 grip improves on E-410

Subject: [OM] E-420 grip improves on E-410
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:18:48 -0700
I get my film developed at a local photo shop:

1. They will cut film into strips of six, which the 1-hour places I've
asked won't/can't.

2. It eases my conscience to spend a bit there, even though I buy all
the big stuff on-line.

3. I get to check out cameras.

One indication that Oly is coming back is that they have the E-thingies
in stock, with E-420, E-510 and several lenses out on display. Oly DSLRs
had pretty much disappeared after the E-300, but are now strongly back.

I had complained about the strap lug location on the E-410, which hit me
right in the middle of a finger and was quite uncomfortable for me to
hold. The subtle shape change of the E-420 eliminates that problem for
me. A very nice camera to hold.

The 25/2.8 on a 420 is certainly a nice package. But my recent
experiments with an OM-1 with 50/1.4 and a fixed lens camera, while
sometimes fun, reminded me that I'm really not happy without at least
some zoom and real macro.

Moose