[OM] Noisy, was The rattlesnake

Subject: [OM] Noisy, was The rattlesnake
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:05:42 +1000
Of course not - he wanted to eat your mice.
Taming real wildlife is damn near impossible - we have tried with
kookaburras, possums and cockatoos but they aren't really tame - just
bold and they just tolerate our feeding them that which is their
right. I have the bite marks to prove it.
Speaking of bold, it's not often that you can shoot wildlife with a
50mm equivalent lens (D.Zuiko 25/2.8 on E-1) but as I was having
lunch in the midwinter sunshine on a restaurant terrace yesterday
(chicken, mushroom and leek pie with salad and potato wedges) this
character showed up and agree to pose in exxchange for bits of
chicken from my lunch. Noisy Miner, about starling size but prettier
and a bit of a clown among Oz birds. Can't hve been more than half a
metre from the lens for the third shot.
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/99570430
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/99570431
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/99570432