[OM] Re: Converting fourthirds DOF to 35mm equivalent

Subject: [OM] Re: Converting fourthirds DOF to 35mm equivalent
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 18:38:42 +0200
Dear Piers,

Thank you very much for your help. I went for the second option. I don´t
really want to make a deep research in this field.

For a given f value in E-1, stopping down two stops in my OM-2 camera I
will get the same DOF.

Example:

*E-1 DZ 14-54 25mm/f4 object distance 5mts
*
Near distance 3.38386572
Far distance 9.57120980
Depth of field 6.18734407

*35mm Zuiko 50mm/f8 object distance 5 mts
*
Near distance 3.38937093
Far distance 9.52743902
Depth of field 6.13806809