[OM] Re: A cool image from my Olympus camera

Subject: [OM] Re: A cool image from my Olympus camera
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 13:13:15 -0400
I like it too. For years I used a 50mm f1.8, the made in japan version. It
is extremely sharp but has ugly bokeh and I hated it. I tolerated the lens
because I liked my OM-4T bodies so much. Mintolta's 50/1.7 for example has a
lot better bokeh than the Zuiko 50/1.8 but I don't like Minolta's bodies. I
picked up this 50/1.4 on ebay because it was one of the ones with the high
serial number that is supposed to be sharper than earlier ones. I'd had an
earlier Zuiko 1.4 and didn't like its Bokeh either so I didn't expect the
newer one to be any different. I was pleasantly surprised!

--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design