[OM] Re: e-510

Subject: [OM] Re: e-510
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 23:06:34 -0400
I can't find it any more but shortly after the 4/3 system was announced
I found a pixel density projection chart on Kodak's site which listed a
number of different size sensors and pixel density growth curves.  The
pixel count axis wasn't labeled but points on the graph were identified
so one could make reasonable interpolations on the curves.
Interpolating the curve for 4/3 sensors given the 5MP data point on the
curve for the E-1 showed that the 4/3 sensor peaked out at about the
10-12 MP range.

Given that chart is probably 4 years old now I don't know how relevant
it is today but I think it gives an idea of the roadmap that Oly was
likely planning to follow.

Chuck Norcutt