[OM] Re: e-510

Subject: [OM] Re: e-510
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:41:55 +1000
Why not?
The Leica/Panasonic is 10mp.
The Leica M8 is 10mp.
It depends on the quality, not the number of pickles.
When I blow an M8 image up to 200% on my cinema display, it looks as
good as most SLR's output at 100% and a lot better than any compact's
output. I met a school portrait photographer still using and happy
with a couple of E1's because 5mp was enough for A4 size prints they
do and the quality of the image is excellent.
Meanwhile, this week I've been using the Casio EX-Z1200, a 12mp
compact. Hmmm. Plenty of detail but soft, dull and flat.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx